Our diving centres are located inside two splendid holiday villages, the new hotel "MELIA TORTUGA BEACH" www.melia.com and hotel Vila do Farol. We also provide training at the Crioula village using the hotel’s pool and facilities.
These 3 hotels are located next to each other looking out on a splendid white 8 km long sandy beach .. The beach is fringed by a deep turquoise sea and is only 5 minutes walk from St. Maria village.
We offer a free collection and return service for all divers staying in other resort accommodation on Sal island
Our diving centres are to top European standards and provide all necessary facilities for the comfort and training of divers.
Our Diving Centre include:
Office / reception
you'll find our staff ready to give you all the information you need.
Where you can meet our staff, who are always ready to give you all the information you might need.
available for divers to meet and talk before and after dives.
We have 3 pools at our disposal for training, including a 3m deep pool used exclusively for our diver training.
This is the “wet” zone of the diving centres. The diving schools are equipped with two large tanks for the rinsing of equipment. One of the tanks is dedicated to the rinsing of regulators, computers and photo/video materials. Each school also has changing rooms and hot showers.
Equipment storage room and diving equipment
We also provide a room with numbered boxes where you can store all your equipment during your stay.
The following equipment is available:
• 90 steel tanks 5/10/12 and 15l single and double valve with INT and DIN valve
• 90 5mm wet suits in various sizes from baby to xxxl
• 60 bcd ( jackets) in various sizes
• 35 complete Scubapro octopus regulator
• 70 pairs of boots
• 80 sets of fins for diving and snorkelling
• 40 masks with snorkel
It is unusual, especially in a foreign country, to find a compressor room sound proofed like ours.
We have three compressors working in tandem, making it possible to provide a quiet, rapid and safe tank recharge.
The filters are changed every 40 hours
Maintenance room and warehouse
This is where Guido and Fabrizio give their best. They are both passionate and dedicated divers, being responsible for all the equipment and it’s maintenance.
• 2 DAN oxygen kits
• 3 oxygen tanks of 94l
• First aid kit
• A 9,50 m Lomac rib, with two 150hp Yamaha 4 stroke engines with capacity for up to 20 divers
• A 6,60m Selva rib , with two 130hp Mercury engines, with capacity for up to 8 diver
• A Ford ranger pick up capable of carrying 12 people
• A trailer capable of transporting all diving equipment